Tower Estate Coombe Rise Chardonnay 2012 (Hunter Valley, NSW)
13%, Screwcap, $38
70% of this was barrel fermented, the other 30% in tank.
Punctuated by grainy oak and white peach fruit, that creamy oak seems to sit over the very dry acidity, everything finishing hard and raw.
With a little more time this will integrate more – and the flavour penetration is great – but not much love at present.
Help keep Australian Wine and Drinks Review free
Rather than bombard you with ads or erect a paywall, I simply ask for a donation to keep this site running.
Donate here and help produce more brutally honest drinks reviews
Tasted: July 2014
Would I buy it? Not at the moment.
Buy online: Tower Estate website
Leave a Reply